15 Daily Struggles Of Working In A Coffee Shop
1. You’ve grown sick and tired of explaining the difference between a latte and cappuccino.
2. You dread having to call out a drink order with a name you don’t know how to pronounce.
Because inevitably, you will make a fool of yourself.
ABC / Via popsugar.com
3. Your confusion arises when someone orders a decaf drink.
Fox / Via giphy.com
4. And it peaks when they ask for an EXTRA shot of decaf espresso in it.
An extra decaf shot so you can be extra not-awake?
5. Your brain runs in circles trying to keep up with customers’ meticulous drink modifications.
And you’re just like
Universal Pictures / Via dailylawlschool.tumblr.com
6. You feel like your world has ended every time you screw up your latte art.
Paramount Pictures / Via giphy.com
But when you create a cool design, you make the customer wait while you take a photo of it.
Columbia Pictures / Via memegenerator.net
Which you will later post on Instagram with a funny caption.
7. You have experienced the undeniable pain of burning your hand on the steam wand.
DreamWorks / Via nofratformalsforme.tumblr.com
8. You have been trained to keep smiling even when customers treat you like poo.
Pool / Getty Images
Behold, the notorious “customer service smile.”
When on the inside, you’re all like
Oxygen / Via giphy.com
9. You politely decline when a customer tries to pay with pennies.
Whilst in your head, you’re thinking
And you literally want to rip someone’s weave out when customers leave you pennies as a tip.
Fox / Via reactiongifs.com
Thanks for the non-legal tender which I can use to buy ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
10. You quiver with exasperation when you are asked to steam a latte to a precise 78 degrees celsius.
11. You inadvertently consume more caffeine in a single shift than the average person does in their lifetime.
Disney / Via 62daysofdisney.blogspot.com
12. You sometimes wish you could just throw on an invisibility cloak when someone you know walks into the store.
Warner Bros. / Via giphy.com
13. Your hair reaches a whole new level of frizzy over the course of your shift.
Jupiterimages / Via thinkstockphotos.com
14. You stare in disbelief when a customer orders a “grande frappuccino”.
Doozer / Via uproxx.com
This ain’t no Starbucks honey.
15. You try to force yourself to drink espresso even though it utterly repulses you.
Sourced from Buzzfeed.com
More From I Hate Working in Retail
Share the joy