23 Secrets Supermarket Employees Won’t Tell You
1. You do a lot more than just stand at a register. In fact, it’s likely you’ve been cross-trained in multiple departments.
Alcon Entertainment / Via halpertjames.tumblr.com
2. The “find everything OK?” smile takes a great deal of effort.
Disney / Via terp-life.tumblr.com
3. The gossip about interdepartmental relationships never disappoints.
Disney / Via bitchin-disney.tumblr.com
“She hooked up with WHO in dairy?!”
4. You’ve memorized your store’s shitty playlist, and the words to every exciting announcement.
Big Talk Films / Via reaction-gifs.tumblr.com
“ATTENTION SHOPPERS: Land O’Lakes cheese is half off at the deli!”
5. You’re only provided with two to three work shirts, which you may or may not wash weekly.
AMC / Via elitedaily.com
6. Fewer things are creepier than working an overnight shift.
Flickr: clonpop / Creative Commons / Via Flickr: clonpop
7. Sundays at the supermarket are your personal hell.
WingNut Films / Via thingols.tumblr.com
8. And going into work the week of a holiday is like preparing for battle.
Marvel Studios / Via futurewarstories.blogspot.com
9. There are well over a thousand different produce codes, making it impossible to remember them all.
Sesame Workshop / Via washingtonpost.com
10. You usually don’t notice what customers are buying, and you really don’t care.
Witt/Thomas/Harris Productions / Via astartosteerherby.tumblr.com
No need to be ashamed, kids.
11. The break room is a miserable place that reeks of the hot food bar and broken dreams.
MTV / Via rebloggy.com
12. Grocery store employees are more cliquey than you’d think.
Meat department fo’ life.
13. You have prime hiding spots to avoid unwanted encounters, because god forbid your high school crush sees you.
Flickr: dlytle / Creative Commons / Via Flickr: dlytle
14. There’s a distinct scent that stays with you after you leave work.
Guy Walks Into A Bar Productions / Via youtube.com
15. You’ve pretended to “check the back” for a demanding customer.
NBC / Via sassylock-holmes.tumblr.com
16. Sure, you can find most products in the back…stacked about 40 feet in the air, requiring a forklift.
Wolper Productions / Via hilariousgifs.com
And sorry, no one’s that important.
17. By some cruel twist of fate, you always end up needing to run to the store on your day off.
Apatow Productions / Via karamigo.tumblr.com
18. You don’t feel bad about skipping leg day after spending your whole shift standing.
Nickelodeon / Via elitedaily.com
19. Even though you work in a place that sells food, you’re still never sure what you want for dinner.
IFC / Via comediva.tumblr.com
20. “Where is the organic section?” and “Why are the asparagus so thick?” are only two examples of the critical questions customers ask you.
NBC / Via hulu.com
21. There’s a lot more to you than your serious bagging skills.
NBC / Via netflix.com
22. Any employee who’s worked in the grocery biz for 10 or more years will likely treat you like peasant scum.
FX / Via fuckyeahreactions.tumblr.com
23. Contrary to popular belief, you don’t get an employee discount.
MTV / Via fuckyeahlconrad.tumblr.com
And if you do, it’s probably only 10% anyway.
sourced from buzzfeed.com